Dev's Domain

Sunday 20 March 2011

the words i write


Late in the night when the moon is bright

I sit on the window to find your light

The winter cold is dancing on me

But i feel a warmth which i cant see

The fog is thick sleeping on roads

My hands shiver on an empty sheet

Trying to make a figure in the fog

From where the warmth comes which i cant see

I get a warmth in the feel of need

The figure makes my eyes go deep

My hands run on the empty sheet

Trying to find the shadow i need

The aura of the long lost silhouette

Still hovers sumwhere in the shining fog

The days our eyes met

Made my craving soul stop

But now my hands just move

On a white sheet to make a shadow of you

Trying to cut the white fog apart with a sheet

To unleash the warmth i need

I find myself close to you

My words bring back the old feelings

Your shimmering light feels so true

But its just shadow made by my cravings

So lemme stay in the room locked by words

Lemme get burnt by the warmth

Coz my sheet cant cut fog

And its cold so cold widout you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Siddhartha said...

Dave is really a good poet........poetry to him is just like a spontaneous flow of emotions......u will rock surely!!!!!!!!!! A modern poet dealing with all the dark and delicate corners of one's life!!!!!!

20 March 2011 at 11:08  
Blogger Sidtrimps said...

A very well conjured piece mate ....You feel as you are completely into it..... Keep it up .... :)

20 March 2011 at 11:28  
Anonymous Purba..as bright as sun... said...

awsme.....Dev....cant even imagine!!!!
eto feelings???????shei bapar toh bhai!!!!!!!

20 March 2011 at 12:50  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jata Daaaaaave........mindblowin....:)
-gossa

21 March 2011 at 09:30  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home